Fit Chart / Installation Tips:
- Use these tips to locate position of lower strap or hooks for alternative methods of attachment.
- Tow loops on side of vehicle
- Tow loops in center of vehicle
- Look under vehicle for other possible mounting points.
- Do not use Express or F1B if spoiler is fitted.
- No Location for lower straps.
- Keep hinges away from trunk lid on F1/B - F4 only
- Soft door panel, see instruction sheet. Use F6 or hitch rack.
- Soft bumper. Weight of bicycles may exceed capacity of bumper. Reposition rack or use hitch rack.
- Use holes in vehicles frame for attaching hooks.
- Attach hooks to lower edge of trunk lid.
- Lower pads on license plate
- Bike weight limit of 2 bikes or 70 lb. maximum
- Use Window Fittings on top straps
- No if spoiler is fitted.
A. (F2 only) If no roof rack or useable roof rails, use Hatch Catchers rather than metal hooks
B. (F2 only) Use Hatch Catchers for lower attachment points
C. (F2 only) Side hook clearance issue, recommend using Hatch Catchers on side
D. (F2 only) Must use roof rack, no Hatch Catchers on top
LB: Load Bars
"YES" noted in bold implies our opinion that the F2 is the only suitable trunk rack currently on the market that can be fitted to that specific vehicle without damaging the spoiler
Trunk: Attach lower straps at bottom of trunk lid.
Door: lower straps attach to bottom of hatch door.
HR: Hollywood trailer hitch racks will fit if vehicle is fitted with a receiver hitch.
License Plate: Mount lower pads to license plate only
If you see a car reference that reads "No" "No" "HR" in each column, this means that the car cannot be fitted with a strap-on type rack, and must be fitted with a receiver (hitch mount) in order to use our HR (hitch mount) racks.
- Install Hollywood strap-on racks on steel trunks only. Do not install on trunk lids made from fiberglass, aluminum or similar materials. Check with magnet to be sure its steel.
- Tighten all straps both before and after mounting bikes on the rack.
- Never install upper hooks to plastic, glass or fiberglass.
- Clean the surface of the trunk prior to installation.
- Never place more than 100 lbs (45 kg.) on the F1B, Baja and F6
- Never place more than 150 lbs (70 kg.) on the F4.
- Use at least two tie-down straps or shock cords when securing bikes to the rack and keep bicycle tires at least one foot (30 cm) away from exhaust pipe(s).
- Check the rack, bikes and straps regularly during use.
- Drive slowly when the rack is used on bumpy or dirt roads.